Just another PVS copy tool
I had been searching for a while for a replacement for the classic Robocopy script, which simplifies the replication of vDisks across various stores. This is exactly why the following tool was created:
You can download the script on GitHub.
- Universally applicable, eliminating the need for manual changes to PVS Store paths.
- Automatically identifies PVS Store paths through the PowerShell PVS Snap-In.
- Can be launched from any server, where the PVS Powershell Snap-In has been imported.
- Detects the mode of the all PVS versions automatically.
- Copies all versions except for the Maintenance version.
- Verifies if the script is initiated with administrative rights
- Allows for the creation of a desktop shortcut.
- Includes support for -Verbose and -WhatIf parameters.
By default, the script reads all PVS versions from all available stores. After querying, there is an option to copy all missing versions to the remaining PVS servers. Maintenance versions are excluded from the copying process.
The Script creates a shortcut on the admins desktop.
If there are no missing files: